OKAY WHO’S WATCHING BROOKLYN 99 ???????????
– Of the seven main characters, only two are white men
– Of these two men, one has dozens of hobbies which includes local food critic, sewing, yoga, and other traditionally non-masculine interests
– The other seems to be a stereotypical overconfident jerk, however most of his arcs revolve around messing up and having to acknowledge and genuinely apologize for his screwups
– One of the main characters is a middle aged gay man who isn’t a TV stereotype, who is married and lovingly committed, bringing up his husband in casual conversation throughout the show without it being the only important thing about his personality
– Every female character has a distinct personality, goals and fears and aspirations, and all have multiple episodes focusing solely on exploring their characters and development
– GINA MOTHERFUCKING LINETTI
– Terry Crews as a big buff doting father
– Humor that never relies on offensive jokes or stereotypes, that is genuinely funny with great comedic timing
– Multiple accounts of close friendships between men and women without any implications that there will be more
– The few relationships that do exist between the main cast are developed naturally over time
Thank you for reading, go forth and enjoy this fantastic show!
Also, This scene exists